Opulence and our love for sparkly shiny gems are back for this coming season. But the fashion world has moved forward from the usual evening gowns, wedding shoes and the like being embellished only. The story this time around is to find that sparkle in all the off-beat places.
This trend is a good one, specifically for the holiday season which will come soon now. Yes, it is 3 months to go but we plan in advance so that you could do the same as well. So how do we interpret this major trend for you this season? How can you make sense of it all and wear it too? Here is a low-down.
First and foremost we have prepared a check list of all the unconventional jeweled items that you can possibly own. Earmark the ones that suit your personality the most, your lifestyle, your body-type or all of them. Later, we also promise to bring across a round-up of DIYs so that you could make your own bling items without the need of spending a lot of cash. But here’s the list first
- Embellished Phone Covers
- Bejeweled Beanies
- Embellished hats and caps
- Embellished collars
- Embellished Belts
- Bejeweled Pants
- Embellished Coats and Blazers
- Embellished Skirts
- Embellished Sweaters and Sweatshirts
- Embellished Sneakers
- Embellished Sandals
- Bejeweled nails
- Embellished Eye Make-up
- Embellished Bags
- Embellished Hair Accessories
- Embellished Stockings and Socks
Tips to wear the Bejeweled Trend
- Once statement piece at a time. That is the golden rule whenever you feel you can go overboard. So even if you love to try out several bejeweled pieces from above, for one look, stick to one of them.
- For a casual chic look, pair the bejeweled pieces with casual separates. A bejeweled sweatshirt or baseball cap can be easily worn through the day of the rest of the look is casual.
- For taking the look into the night, do the opposite and pair something more evening like with you piece. Imagine a gown with a bejeweled beanie. It is totally fashionable to arrive to a party that way.
- Be careful of where you are wearing a bejeweled piece to. Even if it is something as little as nails, at most workplaces, it may not be the best idea.
- Before investing in a bejeweled piece, think about all the existing pieces in you own that you can pair it up with.
- If you are doubtful, start small with a hair accessory, nails or phone cover. Once you get a hang of it, try a bigger piece like pants.
So are you excited to carry off this trend? Stick around; check back tomorrow to land yourself the best Bejeweled DIYs. Deal? See you then!