This fall, embellishments go 3D. So give those flat sequins a miss for some 3-D textures. Now you could go interpret it with the regular stones and gems but we are inspired by Lanvin and Roberto Cavalli as they favor 3D jeweled insects on clothes. Radical right?
Wondering just how you can get the look? It is very simple. Follow the 3 steps.
You will need:
- Plastic insects or Bugs (Pick them up from the toy store or order them on ebay)
- Gold paints and brushes
- A waistcoat (Or a sweater if you fancy)
- Fabric Glue or Hot Glue Gun (Latter will make the fabric hard beneath the bugs, where it has been used)
- Paint the bugs gold and let them dry.
- Decide on a pattern in which you would like to place them.
- Glue them on!
And of course then wear your statement piece with pride!