Have you ever wondered that how can you dress like Andy (aka Anne Hathaway) from Devil Wears Prada? It has been six years since the movie but the story of a regular girl turning her fashion, style and dressing around 180 degrees still connects.
The fact that she goes from being a plain Jane to fashionable in a way to please others and in the end simply updates her plain Jane self to a more stylish level says a lot. Maybe you do not need a Miranda Priestly or the whole Runway office judging you to start dressing up better. If you take inspiration from the movie and try to apply it to your life, you will know that dressing up to flatter your body and your own aesthetic sense is a huge favor to your own self. With that thought we decode for you the style of Andy Sachs.
- A statement coat worn over a dress like a dress can completely make you look chic.
- Get a good haircut, maybe bangs as she did as it instantly takes your style quotient higher.
- Play with your bags, own enough of them and interesting ones at that. Having 5 black bags in different shapes and sizes does not cut.
- Layer your necklaces. Yes, you have heard about stacking your bracelets and it is of course happening a lot but you can layer necklaces as well.
- Have natural dewy makeup in the day and show your red lipstick some love in the evening.
- Caps/Hats are one of your best friends. Even though the caps Andy wore 6 years ago in Devil Wears Prada are no longer trendy. But in general you can invest in classic hats, bowler hats or beanies this fall and channel an updated version of Andy Sachs.
- Stockings, Mary Janes, classic pointed pumps and boots are all must-haves in your wardrobe.
Style tips are done but what are some outfits inspired by Andy’s style that you too can wear in real life? Well here is our pick!
Andy from Devil Wears Prada Look for Transitional weather
Andy from Devil Wears Prada Look for Fall/ Winter
So, that was our journey with the style of Andy from Devil Wears Prada, or Anne Hathaway rather, through three broad seasons. Which one is your favorite? Will you try any of these looks? Leave a comment below! And yes don’t forget to try the app!